Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tracy

I like Teresa's look best in this show. I think she had the right amount of leaness, conditioning, and has great structure. I prefer the harder Ava but that just my preference.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM
IFBB Pro - Essence Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFenske View Post
I like Teresa's look best in this show. I think she had the right amount of leaness, conditioning, and has great structure. I prefer the harder Ava but that just my preference.
Hey TFenske... i completely agree with you. When Ava was harder... WOW!!! Thats the physique I wanted. Teresa is so overdue... she has it!!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. -Aristotle-

"Dear cupcakes, the fact that you cover yourself up with icing says a lot about your self-esteem. Sincerely, Muffins." -Paige TheBlogger-

Team Bombshell Athlete
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Amy

I'm going in my second amateur show at 11.9% bf 7 weeks out which will most likely put me around the 10% range. Where are these girls abs? I thought I read somewhere womens ab start coming out around the 13% range and down. You mean to tell me they are coming in higher then that? Wow, that is amazing and just plain unacceptable IMO. Don't get me wrong I've never been to a pro show to watch it live and I'm sure all these women look amazing in person but I agree with the majority, I'd like to see them a little harder/leaner then what's being presented. That's what attracted me to the sport in the first place!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Photographer/Videographer - Joe Bayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP DIVA View Post
LOL, too funny!!!! I think Nicole is winning more on structure than anything else right now! Nicole is very capable and can bring it...I've seen her much tighter in 2008 and she has a physique to envy! Unfortunate, but you can't knock her for giving them the look they want and getting PAID at the end! Someone dangles $20k and tells you to come in a certain way many would too! Only way to get back to the Tara Scotti, Gina Aliotti, Valerie Waugaman, Latisha Wilder Pre -2008 days is for EVERYONE to come in harder...and unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen!!
Valerie Waugaman, from Europa 2005 to Colorado Pro 2007, or maybe 2007 Olympia, (and peaking at the 2007 Arnold), is the greatest figure look of all-time. This is the standard by which all others should be judged, IMO.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykoehler View Post
I'm going in my second amateur show at 11.9% bf 7 weeks out which will most likely put me around the 10% range. Where are these girls abs? I thought I read somewhere womens ab start coming out around the 13% range and down. You mean to tell me they are coming in higher then that? Wow, that is amazing and just plain unacceptable IMO. Don't get me wrong I've never been to a pro show to watch it live and I'm sure all these women look amazing in person but I agree with the majority, I'd like to see them a little harder/leaner then what's being presented. That's what attracted me to the sport in the first place!!!!!!
I also much prefer hard an lean

Abs come in at different points for different people. I don't get them til right before show and not good til water drop at that is at a bbing level of bf

Also you can look diff at same bf% based of water so can be smoother or tighter with same bf% so bf might be at a level for abs but since they want smoother look that may hide the abs

bf% is so meaningless and 99% chance it is wrong. i have see bikini people with no def claim they were 8% then a picture of someone who was pretty freaking tight told they were 13% so wtf does it really mean? pretty much nothing! (pet peeve of mine these days so not directed at you but the whole bf% crap)

And look at it this way even if the bf% was accurate lets look at 2 people
person A 5' 150lbs 10% bf so 15lbs of fat
person B 6' 150lbs 10% bf so sill 15lbs of fat
Person B is going to look WAY leaner since that 15lbs is spread out differently
Person A and going to look WAY more muscular since LBM more compact area

Anyway i say figure should go back to tight and lean
Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post

Abs come in at different points for different people. I don't get them til right before show and not good til water drop at that is at a bbing level of bf

Also you can look diff at same bf% based of water so can be smoother or tighter with same bf% so bf might be at a level for abs but since they want smoother look that may hide the abs

bf% is so meaningless and 99% chance it is wrong. i have see bikini people with no def claim they were 8% then a picture of someone who was pretty freaking tight told they were 13% so wtf does it really mean? pretty much nothing! (pet peeve of mine these days so not directed at you but the whole bf% crap)

My BMI is 30%. I am obese
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFenske View Post
My BMI is 30%. I am obese
I am just under obese at 28.7
at weighins i am 24.4 .6 under overweight what a joke!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Joe View Post
Valerie Waugaman, from Europa 2005 to Colorado Pro 2007, or maybe 2007 Olympia, (and peaking at the 2007 Arnold), is the greatest figure look of all-time. This is the standard by which all others should be judged, IMO.
Val's physique was definitely one of my favs too!!!!!

Quote:

So true! I think ppl should treat it the same way they do the scale...I was 116 and according BF% I was borderline obese!! Matter fact it gave me the same reading I got being dunked in water 20 pounds heavier!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Amy

I was referring to an actual bf test with calipers. I had mine done for 3 site and one done for 7 site, the 3 site was a point higher so who knows whats up with that. IDK I was just referring to an article I read a while back that said in order to have visible abs your bf has to be below a certain point. I know everyone is different though. I for example can have pretty much a 6 pack and have extra baggage on my thighs. Its so frustrating but I guess that's where everyone is different to the degree of bf they need to be at, according to how their body stores and burns fat.
You never know what the judges are looking for anyway so I think you just have to give it your all and hope for the best!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - April

Quote:
Weighing a lb less does not mean you are leaner

If you lost lb of muscle you weigh less but are fatter

If you lose lb of water you are or could be flatter

Wt change does not reflect how u look linearly just cuz scale weighs less does not mean you look better or leaner

Bbers weigh more on stage than at weighins and if done right are mugh tighter at a higher scale wt cuz all the wt went to filling the muscle

So Nilcole could very well weigh less but b fatter

"LIKE BUTTON"
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykoehler View Post
I was referring to an actual bf test with calipers. I had mine done for 3 site and one done for 7 site, the 3 site was a point higher so who knows whats up with that. IDK I was just referring to an article I read a while back that said in order to have visible abs your bf has to be below a certain point. I know everyone is different though. I for example can have pretty much a 6 pack and have extra baggage on my thighs. Its so frustrating but I guess that's where everyone is different to the degree of bf they need to be at, according to how their body stores and burns fat.
You never know what the judges are looking for anyway so I think you just have to give it your all and hope for the best!
That's why you don't worry about needing to be at a body fat just go by the mirror of how you want to look

Everything i said above I was referring to bf with calipers or hydrostatic it is all really meaningless and too many variables

bf does does account for subQ water

implants if they weigh 2 lbs and you remove them you bf% just went up so what does it really mean

constipated your lbm goes up cu your wt went up but your fat did not but are you leaner nope just full of poop

bones and everything except fat counts as lbm so you can have 20 people all at the same wt and bf% and i guarantee there will be no 2 that look the same

Really all it does is mess with your head!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Jennifer

Quote:
That's why you don't worry about needing to be at a body fat just go by the mirror of how you want to look

Everything i said above I was referring to bf with calipers or hydrostatic it is all really meaningless and too many variables

bf does does account for subQ water

implants if they weigh 2 lbs and you remove them you bf% just went up so what does it really mean

constipated your lbm goes up cu your wt went up but your fat did not but are you leaner nope just full of poop

bones and everything except fat counts as lbm so you can have 20 people all at the same wt and bf% and i guarantee there will be no 2 that look the same

Really all it does is mess with your head!
Word..
Mirror is the best way to go.

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=15321
Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 PM
IFBB Pro - Erin Riley

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the best thread to write this in, so if someone wants to move it, by all means...

BUT, I just want to point out that the photos online do NONE of these ladies any justice. Having seen the show in person, and spent some time back stage with the figure ladies, I really felt EVERYONE in this lineup looked superb! All of the ladies had abs, although not necessarily showing up in the photos, and I really thought everyone was in fantastic shape.
I was personally VERY impressed with the figure lineup, despite what photos may lead one to believe. (and this is coming from a fitness-girl's physique perspective, LOL)

Just my two cents, but like I said, in this case, I feel the photos are not truly representative of the physiques displayed in person.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 AM
CBBF Figure Competitor - Marlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxieroxie007 View Post
Yeah figure is getting scary now....

You can't see Nicole's glute/ham tie in. Congrats to her and all, but this trend is not very inspiring. Makes me not feel so guilty reaching for the Krispy Kreme mid prep.
HAHAHA I totally agree here her lower body wasnt so insipiring I too will opt for a krispy creme!!!!!!!!!!mmmmm