Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
nutratroy's Avatar
nutratroy nutratroy is offline
NGA Pro - Troy Johnson
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Thanks, Troy!

I am surprised to see Sherlyn place 12th. I thought she was a threat for top 8. We await to see photos.

Happy for Tivisay & Katina placing their best ever I believe!

Erin's day will come, she will win a pro show!

Congratulations to Heather for winning her second pro show this year!

Its always great to see Meriza & Krissy up in top 5!

I wish the judges would give more love to Rosa. I want to see her qualify for the Olympia!

Surprised? Man, Pro Figure requires tough skin, but after looking at each girl, they are all beautiful and awesome. Each one did tons of cardio and repersented very well here. No shame, problem is they have to place them 1-21...thoughts?

How freakin cute and marketable is Roy? She is so stunning!

Rosa, man I said my bit! The traveling, dieting...man!

I thought Tivisay brought it, I like her look. As she goes, she will get tighter, she might get it done in NY!

Even Mertl, Hazel and the rest...(still going through pics) all amazing. I think this year more then the past all the girls are overall better! That "gap" is closing and making it harder to judge!!
__________________
Slaveboy to a figure gal, it ain't easy!
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
AJ Williams IFBB's Avatar
AJ Williams IFBB AJ Williams IFBB is offline
IFBB Pro - Allison Jones-Williams
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutratroy View Post
I am surprised they didn't adjust the lighting on the pics. Rx will have them up tonight fixed I hear.

AJ>>>WHAT< I think your amazing, all you girls look amazing. Each Pro
Figure girl is a working project that never stops evolving. Make changes and come back. Your a stinking genetic freak as well

Looking at Pictures, kina impressed with Vargas-a lot there to work with once she gets it right.
I appreciate that troy... I love fitness , love life and love competing... You don't always win... The true challenge is to overcome yourself. Once you can do that you can conquer anything... this is a set back for me! one that I won't take lightly.... Thank you for the support
__________________
"you must be the thing you wish to become"
"never give up,never ever give up"
IFBB Pro Figure Athlete
Certified Personal Trainer
Fitness Model/ Motivational Speaker
Vegan Certified Skin & Nutrition Consultant
www.allisonwilliams.myarbonne.com
www.livingdreamfitness.com
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
nutratroy's Avatar
nutratroy nutratroy is offline
NGA Pro - Troy Johnson
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Williams IFBB View Post
I appreciate that troy... I love fitness , love life and love competing... You don't always win... The true challenge is to overcome yourself. Once you can do that you can conquer anything... this is a set back for me! one that I won't take lightly.... Thank you for the support
Your always in the money...and a studess
__________________
Slaveboy to a figure gal, it ain't easy!
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Max32's Avatar
Max32 Max32 is offline
Max
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Gotta say first off that I am very proud of my lady from this past wknd, I thought she kicked ass placing 5th behind 4 2009 Olympians...I had goose bumps when they announced her in the final 5...still say I get more nervous seeing her on stage than when I am up there, though I am sure she would disagree

Second, it was great meeting all of the ladies, and as Troy mentioned, the level of competition in figure is getting STRONG! There is no major gaps like there used to be btwn placings, and this had to be one of the toughest shows in terms of talent, and the fact that 99.9% of the ladies brought their A game....
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Nickyfregs's Avatar
Nickyfregs Nickyfregs is offline
NPC Judge / NPC Bodybuilder - Nick Freglette
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max32 View Post
Gotta say first off that I am very proud of my lady from this past wknd, I thought she kicked ass placing 5th behind 4 2009 Olympians...I had goose bumps when they announced her in the final 5...still say I get more nervous seeing her on stage than when I am up there, though I am sure she would disagree

Second, it was great meeting all of the ladies, and as Troy mentioned, the level of competition in figure is getting STRONG! There is no major gaps like there used to be btwn placings, and this had to be one of the toughest shows in terms of talent, and the fact that 99.9% of the ladies brought their A game....
Gaspari is taking over these boards like locusts.

Congrats to Krissy and Katina!!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilš
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,404
Default

Hmm.. maybe I should once keep my negative mouth shut but (no, I do not have PMS, I am bitch always) just a few thoughts... I think we have had much better years in pro figure. Very generous pro card policy is showing now - the quality of competitors is not that HIGH, specially outside the TOP (not talking only about this show). Well of course there are better and worse shows... but generally In MY eyes that way.. understanable many see it differently.

Heheh gotta add ..that luckily .. how hard girls work, how much cardio they do, how long they travel, how cute and sweet they are, does not matter on stage. Only thing that matters, or better say SHOULD matter, is how they look on stage, rude but true. It is fun how competitors always say if someone gives critique that "I worked so hard, I trained legs twice a week" etc... sorry girls, it does not matter...

About Tivisay. No there is nothing wrong with her "look" generally, its definitely OK, sure lovely girl, but flaws in physique is whats wrong and I think that is the thing which should play biggest role in these games...

Of course it is nice to hear lovely comments of own physique and its happy thing and lovely thing to be happy happy joy joy "everyone was awesome everyone brought their a-game, everyone was that and that.." Of course they are quite OK because they are PROs but as they should be bests of the bests, I require a bit more that boobs and smile (rude said but just showing the point hehe) ...

Last edited by AnneP : 09-01-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Max32's Avatar
Max32 Max32 is offline
Max
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneP View Post
Hmm.. maybe I should once keep my negative mouth shut but (no, I do not have PMS, I am bitch always) just a few thoughts... I think we have had much better years in pro figure. Very generous pro card policy is showing now - the quality of competitors is not that HIGH, specially outside the TOP (not talking only about this show). Well of course there are better and worse shows... but generally In MY eyes that way.. understanable many see it differently.

Heheh gotta add ..that luckily .. how hard girls work, how much cardio they do, how long they travel, how cute and sweet they are, does not matter on stage. Only thing that matters, or better say SHOULD matter, is how they look on stage, rude but true. It is fun how competitors always say if someone gives critique that "I worked so hard, I trained legs twice a week" etc... sorry girls, it does not matter...

About Tivisay. No there is nothing wrong with her "look" generally, its definitely OK, sure lovely girl, but flaws in physique is whats wrong and I think that is the thing which should play biggest role in these games...

Of course it is nice to hear lovely comments of own physique and its happy thing and lovely thing to be happy happy joy joy "everyone was awesome everyone brought their a-game, everyone was that and that.." Of course they are quite OK because they are PROs but as they should be bests of the bests, I require a bit more that boobs and smile (rude said but just showing the point hehe) ...
Wow, I understand the point you are trying to make, as most European girls are still of the mindset that "hard" wins, LOL...if you think that these girls do not battle with the issues of being too hard / over conditioned, you are dead wrong...what exactly is your issue with the current crop of pros, maybe your issue is with what judges are asking for rather than what the girls can bring...

Honestly, I think that is kinda harsh from knowing first hand what most of these ladies go through, as I am sure you do as well....obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilš
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,404
Default

No, I am not only talking about conditioning / being hard. But every single detail in physique..(everything = proportions, balance, stucture, symmetry, harmony, muscle development, muscle quality, conditoning, lines, frames etc etc etc.. ) Oh.. hehe... we europeans are not as stupid as you americans think we are when we judge physiques... no, we dont think that hardest wins or should even win. If you have ever read my posts, you might see that I pay attention in all. Also in everything else than most who just speak about stage presentation and hair...

Weew.. That was not harsh. And I do know what they go through. But that is competitive sport they have chosen themselves to do. Usain Bolt goes though a lot, so does every single competitive athlete. But if they fail, if they jump/run/what ever worse than enough, people can say it loud "oh god, something was really wrong in his running tehnique". He knows that. And he is not speaking loud how hard he has been working. People do not think it is harsh. Why this thing is differently in figure? Why we have attitude that no matter how the girls look, they always bring their a-game, and if someone says something else, its harsh? Come on ... So all in all, girls should also know that this is their sport contest, of course they are respected as every other person on earth, but the fact that they work hard does not mean they should be extra-respected... and think that they are flawless...

I do know now its not fun to listen any negative comment of yourself / your friend / your girlfriend /BF etc, but its good to keep it real..

But yeh, this goes a bit off topic again... sorry for that..

Last edited by AnneP : 09-01-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Katina's Avatar
Katina Katina is offline
IFBB Pro - Katina Maisterllis
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneP View Post
No, I am not only talking about conditioning / being hard. But every single detail in physique..(everything = proportions, balance, stucture, symmetry, harmony, muscle development, muscle quality, conditoning, lines, frames etc etc etc.. ) Oh.. hehe... we europeans are not as stupid as you americans think we are when we judge physiques... no, we dont think that hardest wins or should even win. If you have ever read my posts, you might see that I pay attention in all. Also in everything else than most who just speak about stage presentation and hair...

Weew.. That was not harsh. And I do know what they go through. But that is competitive sport they have chosen themselves to do. Usain Bolt goes though a lot, so does every single competitive athlete. But if they fail, if they jump/run/what ever worse than enough, people can say it loud "oh god, something was really wrong in his running tehnique". He knows that. And he is not speaking loud how hard he has been working. People do not think it is harsh. Why this thing is differently in figure? Why we have attitude that no matter how the girls look, they always bring their a-game, and if someone says something else, its harsh? Come on ... So all in all, girls should also know that this is their sport contest, of course they are respected as every other person on earth, but the fact that they work hard does not mean they should be extra-respected... and think that they are flawless...

I do know now its not fun to listen any negative comment of yourself / your friend / your girlfriend /BF etc, but its good to keep it real..
I understand where you are coming from and I have been on both sides of the spectrum here. I was a world ranked swimmer and competed against the best and know that if I did not win that day I had something concrete to base my performance on. I went back trained harder and worked on small technical details.
While in figure all the women train hard and bring what they feel is the best package, but it is a subjective sport just like gymnastics or figure skating. We have no control over what the judges are looking for that day and can only do what we think is best. I take all feedback negative or positive as a way to grow as an athlete. No one is ever going to be perfect and that is what motivates us to be better.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilš
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,404
Default

Now that is the good attitude!

True, noone is perfect and will never be.

And after all , we "Annes" are just speaking what WE think as FANS. And everyone is free to ignore it..
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 AM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilš
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,404
Default

1 piece round photos added in ifbbpro.com

http://www.ifbbpro.com/results/2009-...gene-carangal/
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
darlina's Avatar
darlina darlina is offline
IFBB Pro - Darlina Brown
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katina View Post
I understand where you are coming from and I have been on both sides of the spectrum here. I was a world ranked swimmer and competed against the best and know that if I did not win that day I had something concrete to base my performance on. I went back trained harder and worked on small technical details.
While in figure all the women train hard and bring what they feel is the best package, but it is a subjective sport just like gymnastics or figure skating. We have no control over what the judges are looking for that day and can only do what we think is best. I take all feedback negative or positive as a way to grow as an athlete. No one is ever going to be perfect and that is what motivates us to be better.
Couldn't have said it any better. That perspective will most definitely take you places. Congrats on a fantastic placing!
__________________
www.darlinabrown.com
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
nutratroy's Avatar
nutratroy nutratroy is offline
NGA Pro - Troy Johnson
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katina View Post
I understand where you are coming from and I have been on both sides of the spectrum here. I was a world ranked swimmer and competed against the best and know that if I did not win that day I had something concrete to base my performance on. I went back trained harder and worked on small technical details.
While in figure all the women train hard and bring what they feel is the best package, but it is a subjective sport just like gymnastics or figure skating. We have no control over what the judges are looking for that day and can only do what we think is best. I take all feedback negative or positive as a way to grow as an athlete. No one is ever going to be perfect and that is what motivates us to be better.
Pretty much game over! Might be the best response ever said on this board.

Katina is the real deal. In fact a "rookie at this show" said to Krissy in person about her debute here: qoute "Whoa! The pros are amazing. I was not expecting this level of competition. This is a harder new level, I have to redo some things."

The bottomline is on the pro stage, each pro girl was the best in their class across the world, its a whole new level for them where that gap is a lot closer.

Anne P does have a very strong point, but that point is not the main objective in which the pros are judged today. It is much more vast and balanced with a lot of focus on overall presentation. I feel once pro bikini starts, the figure girls will "slightly" be allowed to play a bit in the conditioning dept. But only slightly.
__________________
Slaveboy to a figure gal, it ain't easy!
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,044
Default

Tivisay Briceno's backstage photos................. CLICK HERE
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Siouxcountry's Avatar
Siouxcountry Siouxcountry is offline
Administrator
Jason
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,044
Default

Congrats again ladies!
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 PM
KRISSY's Avatar
KRISSY KRISSY is offline
IFBB Pro - Krissy Chin
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Cali:)
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Congrats again ladies!
Thank you Sioux!
It was so much fun in Houston and all the ladies looked awesome

Krissyxo
__________________
Krissy Chin BS, MSPT
IFBB PRO/Team Gaspari Athlete/Team Powertec
Oddo's Pro Angel/Team Pro Tan
http://www.gasparinutrition.com/teamgaspari/krissychin/
www.Krissychin.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53 PM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
Dvsness
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

Siouxcountry


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.